Last week we discussed how stressful moving can be, and some of the tips you can use to help prepare you for your move. This week, we will be discussing the advantages of hiring a professional mover to help you with your move, instead of trying to do it yourself. We sat down with Lisa James of Mesa Moving and Storage to discuss some of these benefits. You can listen to the entire podcast here or catch a summary of the talk below.
Often times, people don’t want to hire a mover because they believe they can do it themselves and that it will be cheaper. However, that is often not the case. Every mover is different but here are some of the ways using a professional mover can be better:
- They can disassemble furniture, pack it, and reassemble at the new location. This includes taking legs off of tables, disassembling beds and headboards, and anything that needs to be taken down in order to better fit in the truck.
- Movers will often take precautionary measures to protect your house and your items. This includes protecting your floors, stairways, door jams, and more, to ensure no damage is done to the house.
- Most professional movers will pad wrap all the furniture to ensure it’s protection. Blankets just aren’t enough, so you will probably have to purchase these if you are not hiring someone. A professional mover can help protect your items and save you the hassle of buying the materials for pad wrapping.
- Movers are Tetris experts. Before they even start loading the truck, from the time they step foot in your home, the movers are planning how to best pack the truck. Packing the truck correctly and tightly means there is less opportunity for damage.
- Typically for an extra cost, movers can pack everything for you. Don’t want to deal with packing your fragile dishes? A professional mover can pack anything you don’t want to mess with, making your life a whole lot easier.
- Sit back and relax. On moving day, all you have to do is sit back and relax while the movers load in the truck. You may need to answer a few questions or empty out any remaining drawers, but that’s it. You don’t need to help, you just need to take a deep breath and sit down. This is the biggest advantage of hiring a mover. You don’t need to move a box.
The next time you move and are thinking of moving yourself, you may want to think again. If you want to avoid the stress that moving and packing brings, hiring a professional could be the best choice for you.
Lisa James has over 30 years of sales experience both inside and outside of the moving industry. She began her career in the moving business in 1993 as a customer service move coordinator, evolved into a relocation consultant, has owned tractor/trailers, and always “checks what she expects” as an in-home Quality Control Ambassador.
Having personally moved to four different states within eight years, Lisa has first-hand knowledge of what it is like to move from the customers perspective, and has great empathy as a Residential Consultant.
Lisa believes in providing the best service for the best price. This is one of many reasons she is continually checking her estimate accuracy so she can be as close as possible to the actual weight and packing of a household shipment. She goes that extra mile to take care of her customers so every move is a good move!